- THE PIONEER VALLEY PORTFOLIO
- These images of the Pioneer Valley reflect a personal vision of its primordial past and the elements at play over ridgelines of basalt, rivers, and woodlands. A source of inspiration for poets and visual artists for hundreds of years, it has been the subject of my photography for many decades.
- Print sizes can accommodate the design solutions of most commercial and residential projects. Please contact me for pricing and other relevant information.
- SENSE OF PLACE, SENSE OF ATTACHMENT
- This part of Western Massachusetts has been home and the subject of my photography for the past three decades. My efforts reflect a connection to place and to eons of geological time that color my photographic vision. For thousands of years, much of this area was submerged under the waters of the giant glacial Lake Hitchcock. Like the Valley's Holyoke Range with it's unusual east-west orientation, I am fascinated by the area's unique past and the elemental forces that continually make themselves visible through the changing weather and seasons. Dominated by the largest river in the eastern part of the United States, the Connecticut River Valley offers moments of surprise and mystery that continues to draw my photographic attention.
My interest in landscape photography began with a moment of “awakening” that occurred over five decades in the past. As the sun was rising, I was witness to what was then referred to as Los Angeles’ “first historic snowfall” by the Los Angeles Times of that day. It was a transforming experience as I looked out upon a landscape colored by the golden light of the rising sun. Like waking within a fairy tale, the scene was imbued with magic that went beyond childlike understanding. That morning would inspire my life in photography, as I continue searching for moments of equal enchantment.
FOR DISPLAY SIZES AND PRICING, PLEASE CALL 413-256-0779 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org